I am an illustrator, painter, designer and letterer who works and plays in the Kansas City metro. I received a BFA in Illustration and Commercial Art from the University of Central Missouri. I harbor a fascination for all things cute, unconventional and a little bit weird. I've painted lettering on boats, illustrated flyers, painted faces and designed tattoos.
Other hobbies include storm chasing, bookbinding, knitting, writing instruction manuals and taking pictures of my cat.
My work has been seen at Wonderfair's Hott Sheets II in Lawrence, KS, and in Lee's Summit. It's also been featured in a couple of zines. You can find me goofing off on Instagram at stephillo and lounging around at a metro Starbucks.
Drop a line to say hi or discuss a new project or collaboration!
Tools of the trade
A sampling of my favorite tools, supplies and other fun things.
- Arches Watercolor Paper / Daniel Smith Watercolors / Acryla Gouache
- Princeton Brushes / Quink Parker Ink / Bombay India Ink
- Red/Blue Pencils / Pilot Precise V5 Black pen / Sakura Microns / Dux Glass Inkwell Sharpener
- Leuchtturm Blank Sketchbooks / B5 Moleskine Cahiers
- Macbook Pro / IPad Pro / Photoshop / Illustrator / Procreate / VSCO / Tiny Scanner
- Tokidoki Unicorno / Panasonic RP-HTX7 Headphones / Gamma Ray computer glasses / ban.do agenda / Caramel or butterscotch coffee